Saturday, November 9, 2013

Learn It, Live It, Give It



By David Uzodinma

adapted from addicted2success
I want to, today, reveal to you some of the things that motivate me, that keep me going and of course that sets a pace for the exciting future ahead.
I have come to see that most people live their lives just as it comes and worse still live it as ordinary as ordinary sounds.  So, I had earlier chosen to do three things over the course of my life.


Learn It
You see everyday a million thoughts come to our minds. What separates the mediocre from the great is how they listen to what comes to them and not just listen but also how they interpret and make use of those thoughts.
Every day, because I have chosen to listen to the right things, the things that build me up (mind you this is different for everybody), I know what actually connects with my spirit and I build on it. Like recently, I found out that my main inclination was on writing codes for programs though I studied an art course in school. Every day I see solutions that I could give to problems if I had the skills of programming codes. How would this solution come from me if not to learn the skills of programming? I ask. What would separate me from others and I am sure you too are if you make use of this every day thoughts. I had decided to leave my comfort zone of the ordinary. I chose the challenge because I know the happiness that comes with success at the end of every challenge. This doesn’t just apply to skills alone. It applies also to attitude, charisma, relationship, and name it.
I challenge you today!  Get to know that thought that sometimes flows into your head.  Work on that thought! Who knows? That could be what will make way for a drastic great change in your life.

Live it
I live a life that I believe will make a difference in my environment. In fact my life says “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” Oscar Wilde thought me that. He makes a lot of sense when you think of it. The point is, once you have found that thought to work on, (everything that exists begins with a thought), life creates a whole new meaning for you. I will tell you, sometimes, you forget or feel like giving up the act. Don’t! Don’t put it away! Not yet. Live it. Give it all you have got. Inspire others through it. Success comes out from everything you give your heart totally to. Even if you don’t get exactly what you want from the way you chose to live your thought, it has added a whole new experience to you and if you look deeply, you are a changed person. And in these moments I remember the quote -

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
  Love like you'll never be hurt,
 Sing like there's nobody listening,
 And live like it's heaven on earth.”
William W. Purkey

Give it
This explains my future. If you know what I mean, this stage is that point where everything I have learnt is transferred to another person or generation. Some people have chosen to do this in 3 ways: For Free, For a Fee or for mutual Benefit. You can choose whatever way. It depends on which stage of life you are in and what it took you to learn the thought you have chosen. As a mum, you can chose to give it to your child(ren),  your neighbors or if you like the world for free. As a speaker, you can choose to teach people for a fee or for free. As a leader, you can choose to give it for mutual benefit. As an entrepreneur, you can choose to give it out for free. I can tell you this. Whatever way you choose is not wrong. Just give it. Make sure you give it. But choose to go by conscience and what serves humanity for good.
As for me, I have chosen to give you this piece for free.

Please place a comment below and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment